Saturday, February 13, 2021

The Beginning of the Portfolio Project

    Hello everyone, my name is Kenneth Garzon and I will begin my journey of creating a 2-minute film opening during the next 6 weeks. Many emotions are going through my head from excitement to anxiety. This project is very large and will consume a great amount of my time. I will be incorporating all the techniques, camera shots, angles, and knowledge I have learned throughout this entire course. Unlike the past years, there will be many different obstacles that will present themselves because of COVID-19, but just like every other obstacle, they will be overcome.

    As of right now, I am in the planning stages of this project. For me, this is the most complicated part of the project as there are so many ideas that arise in my head and different aspects that I want to cover. All this freedom can end up leading me to get stuck as I have thought so many ideas but truly still don't know what I want to do. For now, I don't really know what genre I will be focusing on but I have eliminated some choices such as comedy and romance. I think I am leaning more to the horror side for this film opening after researching through the genres. I have not yet got a solid answer, but I believe I will also be working on this project for myself as I believe this will be a great opportunity to display my skills in filming and directing. I will further continue my research on genres and put slightly more focus on horror.

    With the knowledge that I have obtained through the course, I feel as if it crucial for an opening to perform a variety of different angles and sounds for a film opening. Especially if I am going to choose the horror genre I feel as if these aspects of the opening need to be perfect. When watching these horror films much of the time there is not a lot of dialogue and the scariest parts are when the camera shots, angles, and sound are used in harmony. That's why I will be going to put heavy emphasis on these aspects of my film opening if I am going to proceed with horror. By Monday I will have confirmed the genre that this film opening will be. I am ready for this challenge and will update everyone through the process and production of this film opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Actual Film Opening

 It was a great feeling finally being able to finish this film opening I had a lot of fun and am glad to have gone through this experience. ...