Sunday, February 14, 2021

The Continuation of the Portfolio Project

     Hello everyone, welcome back and happy Valentine's Day! Hope everyone has been having a great day with their loved ones. I for one have been planning this film opening almost all day. There have been many new ideas which have come up but also many other difficult situations. For the most part, these obstacles won't drastically affect my project. I'm still not sure if I am going to film alone or with a partner, but in case I am filming alone I have purchased some equipment that will benefit me for my filming process. I am in the process of planning and organizing the shots and angles I want to use to capture the storyline in the best possible way. Most likely I will continue with the genre horror, as I love horror films and believe they are the best film openers out of all the other genres.

    The storyline is pretty far from complete but there are many ideas that I have for this film opener. The first idea I have is about a person who is in a relationship with someone else, but little does he know she's very possessive and demonic. He fell in love with her solely by lust and wants to see someone else. Instead of telling her the truth, he goes out with the other girl and she figures this out and ends up conducting many rituals and demonic spells. The guy does not know what is happening and is clueless, little does he know death will come his way and the way of his new lover.

    Another idea which I have been planning and really focused on was about a car crash. In this scene, a group of friends is leaving a party very wasted and they are driving home recklessly. One of the friends is actually sober and ends up leaving with them but he continuously has visions of something bad that is going to happen to him and his friends. He doesn't think too deep into them and ends up ignoring them, but when they are on their way home they crash and die. Miraculously, the guy who has visions comes back to the party and goes through the same events, but this time he convinces his friends not to drive off and instead take an Uber. The driver ends up leaving by himself and the other 4 friends take an Uber, the friend who drove off by himself dies and the rest have to survive these supernatural events. A bunch of scenarios happens which lead up to fatal incidents and they all get attacked in chronological order from the first person who died to the last.

    Although these are some of my ideas for the film opening I still am not very sure as to what idea I and going to go with or even if I'm using any of these ideas. I am still researching the genre of horror and the camera shots, camera angles, and sound to see what will make my film opening stand out and be excellent. I will continue to talk with other people to see which one sounds better to film and ask my teacher for her thoughts. Apart from this, I will continue to work and research so that my film opening portrays the storyline as I want it. There will be many more blogs coming along the next week, and I will continue to update everyone on the journey of this project. Thank you for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Actual Film Opening

 It was a great feeling finally being able to finish this film opening I had a lot of fun and am glad to have gone through this experience. ...