Sunday, February 28, 2021

The Process Will Commence Shortly

    Good Afternoon everyone, hope all is well. Today I will be discussing many topics on my film opening and will inform everyone how everything has been going. Today I have a full-on commitment to making the slasher film, it might have been apparent that I was since I didn't make an add-on to the idea of Supernatural but this is my official confirmation that I will be making a Slasher film. It feels like a lot of relief because at the beginning of this Portfolio project I did not know what I wanted to do but now I have got my idea and am really focusing on creating one of the best horror film openings. 
    I have already created a schedule for my filming the film opening I will now create the process of editing. Since I will end up finishing the filming by 18th, from the 19th of March- April 1st I plan on editing what was filmed. Since I am not a talented editor I have planned myself with extra time so that in any case scenario I will have more than enough time to finish editing and turn my film opening in on time. Just like my film schedule, I will do nearly the same, but instead of 2-3 times a week filming I will actually be editing 3-4 times a week because I know how complex and time-costly editing takes. As well as I know what parts I want to focus upon to make look the best. 
    The whole entire 2-minute film opening is being thought about even though on my previous blog I already told you all how the beginning of the film opening was going to start. I will further continue to brainstorm and figure out how I want the slasher to enter the house and how I want the first scene to take place. I have an idea of how the slasher would enter the house but I do not know how I want to integrate it into the film opening. I believe that I will make the slasher go through a back sliding door in the home of the schoolgirl. This might sound cliche but for some reason, I have experienced myself, many people accidentally leave the back sliding door open. The camera will then follow the slasher as if the camera was filming the slasher like a documentary. The rest of the scene is still being thought upon but next week will most likely give all detail and information. 
    Although I have not created yet an official shot list, the shots that I will utilize will range from close-ups, long shots, medium shots, establishing shots, over-the-shoulder, two shot, low-angle shot, high-angle shot, point of view shot, and maybe some extreme close-ups. Since my film will not focus too much on dialogue I will focus on these shots to be one of the biggest attributes of my film opening. They will need to be flawless so that they can create that sense of suspense and horror. 
    For now, this is what I am working on and what I will continue to work on for the next few weeks. I will keep you all on alert about what is happening and what changes I have made. Thank you for your time see you all on the next blog.
    

1 comment:

  1. Would love to see your "official" shot list within upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete

The Actual Film Opening

 It was a great feeling finally being able to finish this film opening I had a lot of fun and am glad to have gone through this experience. ...