Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Preparation For Filming

    Good morning everyone today I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. Today I will begin the preparation for filming. I am very excited to finally be in the position that I am in, I have so many emotions running through my mind and adrenaline running through my body. 
    I have finally figured out a name for my slasher, his name will be HeartAttack. I believe this name is very suitable for my character as Valentine's Day is about heart and love and this just fits his persona and his symbol of attacking people's hearts on Valentine's Day. I have also had many ideas for the title of the film and I believe I might title the film opening Happy Love Day, I feel like it is a simple but very impactful title. A menacing font will be added and will create that title to look twisted and evil, but I still need to figure out what font I am going to use.
    I have finally created the mask that will represent my character HeartAttack. It is a chrome mask that is smiling, but there is a twist to it. There have been added some drawings and writing to the mask to make it more suitable for Valentine's Day and I believe it gives it a great touch but I still might add some more designs so I get that perfect mask I have in my mind. 
    I added the letter E at the bottom of the chin to represent the death of his daughter and ultimately what drives him to commit these murders. I also added the stream from the eyes to signify his pain and crying but it is now blood that he is looking for and revenge. The heart at the forehead is just there for Valentine's Day as for is the XO. I still am looking for a little more inspiration for the mask so I can continue to add details and make it as scary as I possibly can. The whole outfit of HeartAttack is coming along I think that he might wear a red hoodie with some black cargo pants and black military boots or some sort of boots. I believe that HeartAttack should wear some sort of boots because, after watching the newest movie Halloween (2018), the sound that boots make and the squeak is very intimidating and adds a sense of fear to the audience. I was going to make him wear a black hoodie but I believe that it is so basic as many slashers wear these dark colors, so I choose red to stand out. Also, I choose red for the deeper meaning that the color has, it will have a double meaning since on Valentine's Day it means to love but for him, it will mean anger and rage. It will signify punishment and blood that is what he is going to symbolize while he wears red. HeartAttack will be somewhat of a classic slasher as he will use his stealth and his agility to get to his victims, but he will own a very special power that will be very different.
    I have decided to give HeartAttack the ability to be able will be able to hear the heartbeat of his victims, but this will depend on how much fear he strikes into his victim. So in the beginning when he selects the person that he will punish, he will hear the heartbeat very faint and slowly but as they begin to become more afraid, the heartbeat will get louder and louder. As the heartbeat increases in speed, the sound of the heartbeat will increase. HeartAttack will use this to navigate his victims if they try to hide or run away from him. Although this ability seems to be very powerful, there is a rule to it. The victim that he has selected can only hear their heartbeat and will not stop hearing their heartbeat until HeartAttack ends their lives. I believe this will be a great addition as it adds a little supernatural to the classic slasher film. This is what is probably and most likely going to be how the slasher of the film opening is going to be, but there could always be changes to his persona or ability. I will let you all know if anything happens, thank you for your time and I hope you all have a wonderful day. See you all on the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Actual Film Opening

 It was a great feeling finally being able to finish this film opening I had a lot of fun and am glad to have gone through this experience. ...