Saturday, March 13, 2021

Location

    Hello everyone I hope you are having a splendid day today. Today I will be talking about where I am going to film the opening scene of this project.

    I have talked with the owner of the property and I have tried to convince them if I could shoot my project on their property. Unfortunately, I was unable to convince them, they said they had to do more renovations and it would take them about a month or so to finish up the entire place. Although it is a place I really wanted to film, there was always a backup to where I was going to film. I knew it was going to be a 50/50 with the first option but my second option is just as good. I will be filming in a neighborhood where my little cousin actually lives. She lives in this house with her family. I thought it would be the perfect setting to film this location as it is a two-story house and there are many houses nearby. 

Beige 2-storey house with garage under blue sky during daytime | Pikrepo

    After doing some research I believe that using a two-story house is the best type of house to use for my film opening. I believe this because it makes the scene more suspenseful as when the victim is upstairs there is only one safe option for the victim to escape and that is by going down the stairs and out the front door. Also, these houses tend to be more spacious and bigger than smaller houses which means that the slashers can enter these houses more than they can enter a one-story house. The reason why I chose my little cousin's house is that she lives in this type of gated community where there are a lot of houses around here, so I wanted to create that idea of her feeling safer around in the house because the community is gated and there are many surrounding houses. I feel like this would create more suspense as many people believe that if you are surrounded by many other people you are safer. This would mean that many people would not be as precautious as they would be if they were by themselves. This then would inturn strike more fear and suspense to my film rather than a secluded house in the wilderness.

     I believe that this place would make people believe that the victim is safe and they won't worry for her as much, and then it would create great fear and suspense when the slasher enters the house and kills her. This is why I chose this location rather than a house that is just alone by itself because the audience would already know something bad is going to happen. I am very glad that I at least got two of my top options-approved because I feel if I had to go with the third option it would not be how I envisioned my film opening. Thank you all for visiting my blog post and I hope to see you all on the next one. Bye have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Actual Film Opening

 It was a great feeling finally being able to finish this film opening I had a lot of fun and am glad to have gone through this experience. ...